Friday, November 25, 2005

Gotta Start Listening to More Backstreet Boys

Yes.....I discovered tonight that I really need to start listening to more Backstreet Boys or Nickleback or Eminem or Kid Rock or really anyone singing music who has a penis. Apparently, I've been playing female-made music a wee bit too much in front of my child. I love all kinds of music. I take pride in the fact that I am passing my deep appreciate of a wide variety of music on to him. I do not take pride in the fact that tonight, at a hockey game and in front of anyone within earshot, he was singing the lyrics to "Don't cha" and "My Humps" ........ PERFECTLY.

For those of you who do not know these songs, let me provide you with a small smidgen of what my almost 6 year old BOY was singing in his voice, which is extremely similar to that of an adult woman.

In "Don't cha", the Pussycat Dolls are singing to some hottie about how
"Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me...
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?"

Enough said on this one.

In the next little ditty, "My Humps," Fergie is singing about her 'lady humps' = 'tits and ass' for those of you who don't speak hip-hop.
"My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My lovely lady lumps.....check it out."

As much as I love that my spawn is a music lover and a good singer, I wouldn't exactly call tonight a shining, "Damn, listen to my kid" kind of a moment....now where did I put that Eminem cd?

1 Comments:

Blogger Arctic Skipper said...

At least he's not busting down to Elton John! I don't think the 'Backdoor Boys' are great role models, either, though. How badly do you want your son's sexuality questioned?? :P

How was the hockey game? Did we get spanked as usual?

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home